If you have other questions on donations please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Item donations may be dropped off at the Centers’ main office at Lima Memorial on first floor of the main hospital. Office hours are Monday thru Thursday 7:00am-3:00pm.
Classroom Donation List
For a list of classroom items needed please CLICK HERE
VOLUNTEER SUPPORTIVE INTERACTIONS
1. Respond quickly and positively to children’s needs and questions, comforting distressed
children, and helping them to deal with their problems constructively.
2. Bending, kneeling or sitting down to establish eye contact when talking to children.
3. Give attention to children who are less verbal as well as to those who have a lot to say and
who demand attention.
4. Show respect for children’s feelings and ideas even if they disagree with them.
5. Remind children of the classroom rules and applying them consistently and calmly.
6. Describe the behavior they want to see in positive terms. For example,
“keep the water inside the water table, the floor gets slippery if it is wet”.
7. Children discussing and resolving their conflicts on their own or with the teacher/volunteer
support when necessary.
8. Help children make friends and supporting each child’s efforts to renegotiate friendships as
9. Always encourage independence with supportive and positive assist.
The Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services requires volunteers to have the following medical precautions.
- Immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, except for persons born on or before December 31, 1956 Tetanus and Diphtheria
- PPD or Chest X-ray (Mantoux)
- Rubella Immunity (Titer)
- Conviction statement and Fingerprinting
Your family doctor or the Allen County Health Department can give these.
These are included in a medical statement from your family doctor.
- Medical Statement
- Volunteer Application
- Child Daycare Conviction Statement
- (3) References
- Fingerprinting (LMH PR Dept — every (3) years)
As of 07/08/2015
If you are interested in being a volunteer please download and fill out the PDF file here – Volunteer Form.